Wednesday, July 8, 2009

"Trust Me"

I've felt God saying this to me over and over since before we moved here five months ago.

"Trust me"

Of course I trust you, God. We moved our whole family all the way down her didn't we? Isn't that enough trust? No. No, it's not. God wants me to keep trusting Him each and every moment of every day with all things, big or small. I'm learning that lesson. Some days are easier than others.

"I will find my rest in God alone. He is the One who give me hope. He alone is my rock. He is the One who saves me. He is like a fortress to me. I will always be secure. I depend on God to save me and to honor me. He is my mighty rock. He is my place of safety. Trust in Him at all times, you people. Tell Him all your troubles. God is our place of safety."
Psalm 62:5-8

Okay, so I'll cry out to God when I don't know just how to clearly express myself in another language, and I'll cry out to God when I'm losing patience with my toddler, and I'll cry out to God when I'm feeling alone, and I'll cry out to God when my children are sick, and I'll cry out to God when the needs around me seem so great, and I'll cry out to God because he wants me to. I'll try and I'll try to trust in Him more each day with the life he has blessed me with.

1 comment:

Slema said...

What an incredible word of encouragement. Thank you for the reminder. I forget to quickly from where my help comes & who to put my trust in. I love you.
Mom