As I write, Ryan and Gabe should be arriving to La Paz, Bolivia. They flew out to Lake Titicaca (the Peru side) yesterday and then took a bus early this morning headed to La Paz. Gabe has been awaiting this trip for years. He is returning to his birthplace. We left La Paz, Bolivia when Gabe was just 7 months old.
Toby, Ellie and I are hanging out at home and enjoying some vacation days playing with friends and playing store, office. school and restaurant.
I wanted share part of an email that Ryan's boss, Victor Cortez, shared when he announced Ryan departure from FH Peru:
Ryan started in this position in January 2009, and in this time his contribution to strengthening the operations in Peru were significant, the main achievements were:
• Led strategy re-design and implementation for national programmatic focus to prevent violence towards children and adolescents.
• Managed restructuring process to align structure and processes with programmatic vision.
• Initiated new zone in Huancavelica, the poorest department in Peru.
In addition to his role as CD, Ryan was the Coordinator of the International Council for two years, during which time this body was consolidated and is contributing to the strengthening of our organization.
Victor asked Ryan to share a bit in the email and here is a portion of what he shared:
When I joined the FHP team in 2009 there were two challenges ahead of us: to reestablish FHP's identity upon several longstanding leadership transitions; and to professionalize without losing our heart. I believe today that these two challenges have been greatly overcome and that is because of the tremendous teamwork we have been able to achieve.
About two years ago, with a renewed leadership team, we were able to discern the Lord's call on FHP together. This led us to initiate a refocusing and restructuring process, which although highly challenging, was done with much faith and courage, and it has become increasingly exciting to witness the results. Currently, the FHP team is the most cohesive, exciting, aligned and professional that I have seen. There have been tremendous individual efforts, but they pale in comparison to the way the team has banded together in unity. This unification and hard work has led to some very important accomplishments including: a redesigned programmatic strategy and staff training in areas like violence prevention, child protection, the AMO program, and cascade groups; a newly implemented monitoring and evaluation system; entrance into the regions of Villa Maria del Triunfo and Huancavelica; and the publication of violence prevention training modules.
Thus when the opportunity of joining the team in DC arose I knew that the FH Peru team was on a great path and that my involvement in its progression was coming to a close. I believe that the team will continue to achieve amazing things for the kingdom of God and be used to shape Peru's future, especially amongst vulnerable boys and girls.
To God be the glory, forever and always.
No comments:
Post a Comment