We asked Selma to write a brief reflection of her visit:
Whenever I have visited Ryan and Angela, whether in Bolivia or the Dominican Republic I have seen God's faithfulness to them. And this is what I saw on my recent visit to Lima, Peru. With 3 small children this adjustment has definitely been more difficult, but they are all doing well. This was not a sightseeing trip for me, but a time to spend with Angela and the kids while Ryan was busy with work. In and out of taxis can be a real challenge, as well as grocery shopping. Just picking the boys up from school takes much more time and energy than in the the states, but it is all done without grumbling and with such a sense of peace. They are all meeting the challenge.
The kids are slowly picking up the language, especially Gabe and Toby, who are in school. Gabe was my interpreter on one shopping trip. When I thanked him later in the evening he let me know that he really doesn't know a lot, but he knew enough to help Grandma.
It was hard to leave, but I'll be back.
3 comments:
Glad the visit went well. I see that in Lima you drive on both sides of the road!
What a wonderful way to share your adventure! Blessings to all of you:) We are visiting in Seattle right now. Went to Bothell UMC last Sunday. So good to see church family. Irene is going to her first Seattle M's game tonight!
-Dave, Kristyn, and little Irene
Good observation, Josh. Now we have to learn to drive here, well, Ryan first and then mayyyybe I will too.
Kristyn, Continue to enjoy all the fun and love in Seattle. Irene looks like such a cutie. So when will she be making her first South American trip?
Post a Comment