"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you."
Psalm 63:3
Psalm 63:3
A few months ago the kids and I memorized this verse. It has been a helpful verse to remember when we find ourselves complaining or discouraged.
There have been a handful of staff changes within the FH/Peru office and it has taken it's toll on the general 'feeling' in the office. In the past 6 months 5 staff have moved on to other jobs and 2 new staff have started, with a couple more on the way. This, along with the office move 5 months back has changed the feel of the office.
These changes have come with some resistance, discouragement, excitement, frustration, and anticipation to name a few.
As director, Ryan only hears some of these feelings named above and has also experienced himself, some of these feelings.
It is an encouragement to know that God calls us to trust in Him. And it is in the midst of these changes that we are pulled to His feet as we must rely upon Him to not only sustain us, but draw us closer to Him.
My prayer for the staff of FH/Peru (and myself, when we go through changes) is that each one will be willing and obedient to the Lord. That each individual will give praise and glory to the Lord in the midst of these adjustments and keep their focus on Him and his goodness.
He has created us to bring glory to Him. He has created us to glorify Him. Oh, so often I lose sight, looking for what's in it for me.
Now, back to the verse:
"Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands."
Pray this prayer with me for the staff at FH/Peru, Ryan and I, and yourself as we seek to glorify the Lord in all we do each and every day of life that He has given us.
My prayer is that God will lift the spirits of those that have fallen and that He will use some to lift others as well, in words and acts of love.
1 comment:
Thanks for that reminder, Angela!
Post a Comment