Well, I have no excuses now, so I jumped in and started reading. There are many, many great concepts and ideas and I wanted to share with you just a few quotes. I hope you can chew on them, think upon them and be changed by them.
People have a personal responsibility not only for self and the family but also for their larger community.
(p. 207)
(p. 207)
Christianity is true because God exists.
(p 98)
He is the source from which all your reasoning power comes: you could not be right and He wrong any more than a stream can rise higher than its own source. When you are arguing against Him you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all. (C.S. Lewis from Mere Christianity)
I long to accomplish a great and noble task, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along not only be the mighty shoves of its heroes, but by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker.
(Helen Keller)
Wherever man may stand, whatever he may do, to whatever he may apply his hand, in agriculture, in commerce, and in industry or his mind, in the world of art, and science, he is, in whatsoever it may be, constantly standing before the face of his God, he is employed in the service of his God, he has strictly to obey his God, and above all, he has to aim at the glory of his God.
(Abraham Kuyper, An Adequate Philosophy of Religion)
No comments:
Post a Comment