Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Good Kind of Whirlwind – from Lima

It feels great to be on this side of our transition. My first ten days have been long days full of purchases, repairs, and installations. My favorite purchase so far has been a refrigerator that came with a mini refrigerator the size of a six pack and 24 beers. They must sell primarily to men.

With the help of FH’s current director, Rosaura and her daughter, Rocio, we have made incredible progress in our home set up. Our new home is a true refuge. It is large, has lots of light, has character, is in a safe neighborhood that is walking distance to nearly everything one could need – open air market, supermarket, internet café, hair dresser, flower shop, banks.

I begin my role as FH/Peru’s new country director on Monday. During this set up time Rosaura and I have had many good discussions and that will continue over the next few months of overlap we have during this transition. I will be in Lima’s office all next week with our central office staff. The following week I split my time between Lima and our new region in Chincha. Just after that I go to our Pucallpa office for nearly a week to spend time with office staff and a few days in communities. Please pray that I will be a good listener, absorb a lot of information, and begin to build healthy relationships with our staff.

No comments: