Thank you for lifting up our the prayer requests we shared. Here's a brief update of where things are.
Linda, Ryan's mom, is doing MUCH better since first being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. She continues to ask for prayer as the medication is helping in some areas, but not all.
Ryan met with the occupants of our building a couple of weeks ago where the communication improved but some reconciliation between a few parties still needs to take place.
Gabe has just finished his 4th week of school and is enjoying his classmates and learning a little Spanish. He quickly connected with 3 little boys (two of which are bilingual) and is very happy about that.
I asked the kids to tell me their favorite things about living here:
Toby: "having the elephant" (a pop up cloth container, shaped like an elephant to hold stuffed animals)
Gabe: "having my snails and my friends" (the kids have been VERY excited to find many snails in the park across the street. We currently have 8 in containers on the patio)
Eliana: "You get to eat pineapple."
What the kids would like you to know about life here:
Gabriel: "My friends names' are: Matthew, Sebastian, Daniel. The library books are only in English. There are tons, and tons and tons of taxis." (the English program at school provides library books)
Eliana: "Umm, like, you can't drink the water" (from the faucet)
A comment we have heard a number of times from Eliana: "Mommy, I went fast across the street so a car wouldn't hit me," or "Mommy! A car didn't hit me!" (I think she has gotten the point that we need to cross the street quickly as many cars come fast).
Thanks for praying!
---> We've posted our Seattle area phone number that calls directly to our home in Lima, Peru, thanks to Vonage. We'd to love to hear from you. ---->
1 comment:
Wonderful! Thanks for your detailed news. We miss seeing you. I told Colin we would skype with you tomorrow and he said, "I want to go to their house right now!" so we had a little conversation about how far away Lima is from Seattle. Not sure if he got it.
A few quotes from our boys:
Mike: Colin, are you learning cooking from Mommy?
Colin: Yes! Trevor, do you want to learn cooking?
T: No.
M: Why not?
T: I don't think my destiny is in cooking.
M: What's your destiny in?
T: Science. Chemical science.
Overheard in bed:
C: I wish I had a little handle so I could flush for you. Trevor, do you like flushing?
T: Yeah. I mean, no.
C: Me, neither.
Love you,
Lauren
Post a Comment